We’ve got great news. Beyond Pricing has acquired Smart Host.
Along the way, our 2 companies have taken different approaches. We focused on comps, market data, and vacation rental managers, while Beyond Pricing focused on automation, dynamic rates, and Airbnb hosts.
Beyond Pricing wanted to add a comps feature to their product, and we wanted to give our customers a fully automated solution.
A few thoughts from Ian McHenry, Beyond Pricing’s CEO:
“One of the most common requests we’ve gotten from hosts is the ability to see comps and gauge their performance relative to their neighbors. In the past, we’d recommended people check out Smart Host. With this acquisition, we’re excited to carry the torch forward and offer the features of Smart Host to our user base of over 120,000 listings in over 1,000 markets around the world.”
To our customers, you’re in good hands.
The last 3 years have been a wild ride. We started Smart Host on a bus, headed down to Techstars with little more than a hackathon project, sold our product, and raised money.
Thank you for helping us along the way, especially:
- Our customers and investors, who took on substantial risk for us
- Ben Edwards, who flew down to Austin off a cold call
- StartupBus and Techstars, which are really the only reasons we exist
- Our StartupBus teammates, Wylie Conlon, who came up with the idea, and Cesar Kuriyama, who drew the logo
- And our former co-workers: Tom Davidoff, Sophie Hobson, Kumar Laidley, Leo Medina, Steve Atlas, and Chris Rosett
Take part in the great adventure of your time,
Evan, Dave, and Nick
PS: Want to know what we’re up to next?
- Evan Hammer is at Codecademy
- Nick Persico is back at Close.io
- Dave Redding is Android Director at NewsCorp