Smart Host is growing. We’re looking for outstanding people to join us as founding members of our sales and data science teams.
We work hard and have a lot of fun. We’re flexible about hours but not about passion. We’re ruthless when it comes to both prioritization and detail. But we’re all learning to understand each other better. Our engineers speak to customers and our salespeople learn how to code. And we’re all creating Smart Host together.
Check out the job descriptions below:
As an account executive, you’ll help build a profitable and scalable sales process, selling Smart Host’s software platform to vacation rental managers.
- Become an expert in identifying challenges that vacation rental managers face.
- Build relationships with prospects and customers to grow new business.
- Identify opportunities for Smart Host to provide more value to our customers.
- Conduct new outreach to prospects and close new business at or above quota.
- Create and maintain self-imposed goals that define growth and success in your role.
- Collaborate with the team to improve our company, culture, and product.
- Eagerness to learn the art of outbound sales.
- Remarkable communications skills, and enjoys talking on the phone.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
- Enthusiasm for technology in the travel and/or real estate industry.
- Experience with a CRM, Google Apps, and office productivity tools.
- Preferred: 1-3 years of selling a SaaS product.
As our data scientist, you’ll develop a nascent data model and pricing algorithm into a world class product.
- Build and validate a data model for comparing residential rentals, using statistical analysis, machine learning, and crowdsourced data.
- Create a pricing algorithm that utilizes hotel yield management theory to maximize revenue for vacation rental hosts.
- Gather and process external data by connecting to APIs and scraping websites.
- Write code to integrate new algorithms and data models into our production system, written in Python.
- Write reports / blog posts on data discoveries.
- Enthusiastic about real estate data and pricing algorithms. Expertise in data mining, machine learning, natural language processing, and information retrieval.
- Experience integrating data findings with a live product as a software engineer.
- 3-5 years of experience in big data analytics.
- Master’s or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Economics, or related field
- Preferred: Python, MapReduce, Hadoop.
- Preferred: Expertise with a relevant statistics package such as R, SAS, STATA or MATLAB
- Preferred: Built software to perform large-scale cluster data processing.
- Preferred: Experience working in a startup environment.
Here's a photo of us celebrating Smart Host's 1st anniversary in New Orleans a few weeks back: